Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the illest thing

Jholiday has caught a nasty cold. I'm currently holed up in my room, confined to spreading my germs to my keyboard and mouse. But since this is jholiday's blog, I do have something fabulous to share with you. Who would have thought that in these dark hours of sniffles and bulk Kleenex consumption that a worthy idea would glimmer in the darkness. But I might have found the best way to alleviate my symptoms, in the form of a Mexican (spicy!!) fruit salad. Trust me, it's amazing.

You will need: cucumbers, lemon or lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper and sweet fruit (I like grapes, mandarin slices and watermelon).

Combine the fruits and cucumbers, toss with lime/lemon juice and a dash of salt, then season with cayenne pepper until it's just spicy enough for ya. Ahh, sweet relief.

1 comment:

Mike J said...

This sounds amazing. Reminds me of the sweet Mexican candy I buy at 7-11 sometimes when I'm wasted.

Also: the peach salsa from Trader Joe's. This may be the single tastiest condiment ever created.

Hope ya feel better soon.