Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Santa Barbara bound

I wouldn't want to classify myself as a Neil Gaiman fan, but I've read more than a smattering of his books. I was a big huge fan of Coraline in 3-D, and Preludes and Nocturnes has forever been on my reading to do list, but his titles take up a lowly shelf in my library so that my collection of Victorian literature can be on better display, if you know what I mean.

This is why I'm telling you (shhh, it's a secret) that I just bought tickets to see him speak at UCSB this February and I am beside myself with glee! Lately, I've been relishing his latest, The Graveyard Book, on audiobook. It's based on The Jungle Book, except in this version the "Mowgli" is raised by ghosts instead of jungle aminals. It just won the Newbery Medal and Neil will be talking about this marvelous work as well as others in a few short months! Check out I, Cthulhu on his website. It's funny.

No comments: