Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Poultry Chronicles

Julia's home life has been a bit tumultuous lately. In July my sister broke her arm and subsequently moved out of our shared apartment and home to Chico, leaving me with her two adorable pets (whom I described in an earlier post). The trade off of the lost company of my sister for the constant company of a duck and a chicken took some getting used to. Then I started to like coming home to my new life companions. I even put diapers on them and made them my house pets.

Fernanda:
She had a custom made duck diaper with a coordinating neck bow.


Ms. B:
She was too small for the custom diapers that are sold online, so I made a makeshift diaper out of a plastic grocery bag. How embarrassing, hee hee!

Two weeks ago Laura swooped into town to finish moving out of her room and took my two remaining roommates with her. Left fowl-less, despondent, and alone, I turned to the only venue that I knew would ease my loneliness. Craigslist. I logged on with the sole intention of trolling for poultry. What I found changed my life forever. Behold Chickenbaby.


This is Chickenbaby showing off on the first day that I got her.

Here she is stealing my breakfast this morning. I put my plate on the ground (thoughtlessly) to answer the phone, and when I turned around the plate was empty! So I had to recreate it for a photo shoot. She got to keep the cinnamon roll in the end, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

BettyTimezz said...

Oh Chickenbaby...you get me every time.