Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jules is tired

After three days of work, interrupted sleep, double shifts at work, and no sleep, I'm on my way to my earliest bed time in...well, I can't remember the last time I went to bed before midnight. Today was particularly tiring because I woke at dawn to figure out the time of my friends' wedding! I never got an invitation, so I had to call my friends to ascertain the time of the ceremony. No one was answering their phones, so I was on "wedding watch" from 8 till 10 until I finally found out that the wedding was at 11. The ceremony was beautiful, and Steve and Christina were so excited and in love, which is the only requirement for good wedding to me.
At the reception, the most wonderful wedding-ly possible thing happened. I caught the bouquet!!! All superstition aside, all girls want to catch the bouquet. It's the competion. Like winning a flowery lottery. Today, no elbows were thrown, nor toes trampled. If I hadn't put out my arms it would have smacked me in the face. It was meant to be.
My next blogging challenge will be to post a picture. Maybe you'll get to see a picture of me from today, clutching my prize. But for now, slumber awaits...

No comments: